Primary Eye Care


Primary Eye CarePRIMARY  EYE  CARE  includes a comprehensive vision and eye health examination.   This examination is designed to detect a wide range of problems affecting vision function, such as blurred vision or eye discomfort.

 

Evaluations for eye health disorders are also performed. The American Optometric Association recommends that all people should have a periodic, comprehensive eye examination every one to two years depending on one's particular needs.

 

Here at our office we incorporate computerized technology to assist the evaluation of spectacle prescriptions, peripheral vision, intraocular pressure, and eye health. Computerized examination instruments are used to supplement rather than replace personalized care. Examinations include tests for glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and the ocular effects of many general health disorders such as diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as effects of medications. A dilated pupil examination allows us to provide the best assessment of eye health.  It is recommended for all new patients and on a scheduled basis thereafter.
 

Types of Insurance Accepted

Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, VSP (except for Sinature Choice), Cigna, Health Plan, PEIA, Humana


If you do not see you plan listed above, please call the office for more information. A complimentary 20% discount is offered to patients who have a vision insurance plan for which Dr. Williams is not a provider. This discount applies to complete eyewear purchases only.

TO OUR VALUED MEDICARE PATIENTS:
If you have changed or added to your Medicare coverage, please inform our office. Your benefits and coverage may have changed. Please bring all your insurance cards at the time of your appointment and we will be happy to assist you.

Let us explain how Medicare works. Your Medicare coverage is like any other health insurance. There is a yearly deductible amount of $135.00 that must be satisfied with Medicare before any benefits are paid. When a claim is filed and the deductible is not met, Medicare will apply what they WOULD HAVE paid to your deductible.

After the yearly deductible has been met, Medicare will pay 80% of the allowed charges (with a medical diagnosis), and you are responsible for the other 20%. Any nonallowed or noncovered charges are your responsibility. The part of your eye examination called the "refraction" is a noncovered service according to Medicare, and will need to be paid at the time of your visit. Since our office is a Medicare provider, we will file the claim for you. If Medicare has information regarding your supplimental insurance coverage, they will forward the claim to them.

Glasses are partially covered ONLY IF you have had cataract surgery. Medicare only pays on one pair of glasses for each surgery.

We hope we have helped you understand your Medicare coverage.

 

Types of Payment Accepted:  Visa, Mastercard, Discover, cash, personal check